Retrofit / Upgrade of 15 Ton Crane to include Man Riding Function
The crane was manufactured and purchased in 2009, to be fitted onto an FPSO. The crane was specially designed to have bolted flange connection so that maintenance of the crane, with regards to slew ring would be easier. Even though the crane is an API 2C 6th edition monogrammed crane, the crane was also designed and certified by ABS.
Due to change in client requirement, the following modifications were carried out, 2 years later:
- To relocate to LHS and to modify operator control station to be an enclosed cabin (cost includes cabin, HVAC. Light, relocating of control Valve, etc.).
- Covered Driver & Hydraulic Pack
- Design, Fabricate and Install a Davit with 15ft chain fall.
- Supply & Install overload Protection for B/D, W/U and ELL
- Load Test with Third Party Witnessed Certification (DNV:GL)
Upon successful retrofit, load test and certification, the crane was shipped to Middle East and installed on the WHP Platform in 2013, where the crane has been operating since then without any downtime.